Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Expanding the Kingdom.

I’ve been awake since 3:30 a.m., flying is weird, and somehow I’m in Denver.  Also, what’s most important, on Thursday I’ll be leaving for England. I still haven’t totally accepted that fact. I basically feel like I’m sleep walking, and I’ll wake up soon in Susan Moore, Ala.

Alas, I’m in Denver training with GEM (Greater Europe Mission) in preparation for a two-month mission trip to England.

I don’t know what I’m feeling right now. It’s definitely a mixture of emotions. I can’t decide if I should jump for joy or cry from homesickness. This is, after all, the farthest away from my home I have ever been. Heck, I’ve never been on plane prior to today.

But, this is it. The opportunity of a lifetime. The adventure I’ve been waiting for. And I’m doing it all in the name of Jesus.

It’s time for me to try and be a tool for God to expand his kingdom.
Stick around for some pictures and documentation.

Also, if you donated money, prayed, gave me words of encouragement, or just thought about this mission trip, I’m eternally grateful.

“As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds,
of your saving acts all day long –
though I know not how to relate them all.
I will come and proclaim your mighty
acts, Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteous deeds,
yours alone.”

Psalm 71:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment